Thursday, August 30, 2012

Newsflash: Fall/Winter New Look Patterns Announced!

The Simplicity website has posted the Fall/Winter Collection for New Look.  Overall it looks like there are some great basics - sheath dresses, pencil skirts, knit tops, and a few coats and jackets for fall.


I love the simple pleating at the neckline.

Nice basic sheath dress pattern (with optional peplums).
This could be a cute party dress.
Loving the knit shirts!
I also really like the detail on the knit shirts in this pattern.
A Project Runway jacket pattern.
And a Project Runway cape.
 So, overall I think this is a pretty decent collection.  However, I also know that I find I have to make the greatest adjustments with New Look patterns, so I don't know if it is worth buying any of the fitted patterns, especially when I am sure I could find something comprable somewhere in my (ever growing) Burda collection.  I might go for the knit tops though - fitting issues should be minimized there.  Maybe.  I hope.

So, what do you all think?  Do you love New Look patterns or do you tend to stick with other pattern companies?  Did I miss anything good in this release?  As always, feel free to discuss in the comments.

3 comments:

  1. I do like New Look patterns - but they're notoriously difficult to come by where I live! Looks like a nice practical but still a bit fun collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tend to go for NewLook. I think I own one pattern, which I have never sewn. Not sure why, just never clicks enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Nice New Look patterns, but the twist top and dress gave me a double-take. Last June Slapdash Sewist said the twist top phenomena was going out of style, so I mournfully shelved mental twist projects. With toddlers I cannot keep up with fashion trends and rely on blogland. But if New Look is putting one out for fall, alright! Hope it's back and here to stay.

    ReplyDelete